Friday, March 29, 2013

Genius, Part 2


 
As much as I love these felted slippers, they do have one fatal flaw.  The softness that makes them so cozy , also is not very durable for walking on. 
 
 
 
 
 
Add caption
 Sadly, the bottoms wear out fairly quickly.  While they are not terribly expensive or difficult to replace, I just couldn’t toss out something that was only worn out on the bottom.  So I decided to try to save these favorite slippers. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I cut off the bottoms....
Slipper on left has been surgically altered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and stitched on a pair of slipper sock soles I had lying around. 

Stitching in progress

I never got around to making the slipper socks, but now I have….
 
 
 
 
drumroll, please…….
 
 
 
 
RETREADS! 
 I’m thinking these bad boys should last forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment